Video issue error
I love to use this website when playing with a friend, we listen to the same playlist etc. | the issue is that when playing, i have to minimalize my browser to achieve higher fps but when i do this, the song thats currently playing ends and it doesn't automatically switch to the next song, it switches after i maximalized it again
Heya, just finished registering an accoutn so I can actively participate in the suggester service.
I have made an annonymous suggestion earlier so I am going to repost it here "in addition" to some more ideas that popped into my mind as something that would really be good to have in general! (Feel free to delete my older "anonymous" suggestion which I signed as ~StarScribe previously.)
- Ability to resize/lenghten the play list.
- Minimalistic playlist mode. (Hides thumbnails and makes each video name text font smaller.)
- Numerical ordering for all videos in a playlist. (Helps with tracking down videos and keeping order when you have a huge playlist.)
- Skip to Next/Previous video buttons for easy and quick navigating in addition to already existing ability to select play video from the playlist.
- Toggleable Chat Beep sound (For when paying attention to chat conversations is important, but so is doing something else in the background at the same time.)
- Import/Export playlists as text files feature. (Will be very useful for people to personally back up their playlists and manage them outside of Sync-Video when it is not avalible.)
- User profiles. User avatars. Friend lists. (A long term feature goal... request. Will greatly help people to socialise with other "Sync-Video" users. Looking at something along the lines similar to forum profiles.)
- Sync-Video Forums (Thats a big one, it will have huge impact for Sync-Video publicity and communication between users/customers/creators.)
=== === ===
I am sure I will come up with more ideas/suggestions/requests at a later time and in case this existing suggestion post is not editable I will create a pt.2 to continue.
Keep up awesome work guys, Video-Sync is a great service with immense potential.
Nice list :)
We have looked into it, and we will be cooking many features from that.
I have just small request, to keep those lists as short as possible, better create separate 'wish' for each of them. It helps us to keep track of everything internally. Nevertheless we will make some of your requests as soon as we can.
sort by 'X' suggestion
it'd be nice if you could sort the playlist by say
-source (e.g. youtube / vimeo)
-channel-name (not 100% if api would allow that..)-> say of the youtube-channel
-(possible to be approved)
-(possible voted for deletion)
-submitted by (either a-z or give a selection of all the submitting users)
Vote for deletion suggestion
it'd be nice if guests could 'flag' a video in the palylist, that'd be able to give feedback for the room owner ( say by having a list you can sort by deletion votes) and also enable them to enter a percentage of current viewers to auto delete (and a toggle to enable / disable that function)
Chat tabs/ higlighting suggestion
it appears to me that system lines of chat can start to add up, so either different tabs for system / chat, highlighting when your name was used, or a darker / colored backdrop for chat messages in general would be cool
File type suggestion
Possible support for .mkv (tons of anime uses this, also have multiple sound tracks for languages) or .AVI(not native web supported, but flash clients are able to decode and transcode it) ? Some people use links from different sites than YouTube to sync movies. And .avi support would be amazing!
I wanted to look into a service to replace online radio and it be online visual radio, I googled and your site came up and I thought it was a great implementation. I have played around with it a lot now and there is one feature I think would be good...
When I am not around to attend the video, it cuts me off and makes someone else the person that is able to delete items in the playlist. Is there a way to get it to be owned by one person always? So that if I leave it at night before I go to bed for example, it doesnt let a random person come in and take over. This is a feature I would even pay for!
Great work guys really. It is a service that could be the future of live TV too!
I've been listening to a tons of music with friends and it seems like Sync-Video doesn't like Last.fm scrobbleing even with the extentions and everything. It works with you tube and other things but I don't think it picks up sync-video. I would certainly love if something was changed so Last.fm scrobbleing worked with sync video